Tags

, , , , ,

I mentioned in a previous post, that some of my dye samples for hexiflats turned out muddled and blended compared to what I had in mind. Especially these two:

wrong

So although I like them the way they are, I had another go, nuking the green for a minute in the microwave, THEN adding the “flowers”. You see, what I had in mind was 1. a lawn of dandelions and 2. rosehip bushes in bloom*. The dandelions are still not very obvious, but the other skein showed more promise. Little dots for flowers.

hex06

Voila! All knit up. Sorry about the cat hairs, our stupid barn cat managed to sleep on them even though I’d propped up the blocking mat vertically on top of 2 knitting baskets. She’ll try to lie on anything I’ve touched, even a hand sized notebook. Seriously disturbed creature.😉

hex05

I also wanted to show the knitted skeins I made to test out the “cloud colourway”.

microskein02

hex07

I really like the first one, with a bit of effort you can actually see a blue sky with clouds?

hex08

And lastly, a picture of the other crazy hexagons I’ve been making lately, so different from when I started out making mini-skeins. I’m not sure I’ll be using all of these, but it’s a long way to 300 pieces, so things can change. I seem to like the yarn better than the fabric for some reason.

hex09


* I humbly apologize for the use of the words flower, bloom, dandelion and rose although I promised yesterday I would not.


My next knitting project is a hopefully quick summer sweater, completely see-through just to cover my goosebumps when the evening wind gets a bit nippy. I’ve had the yarn lying around for years, there’s really just enough for a t-shirt on normal size needles, but I hope for sleeves. As usual I’m making it up as I go along, I have no idea how the yarn will behave, so the “quick” could end up as frogging x 20.

isager1

Sekskanterdanish

Jeg eksperimenterer videre med mine microgarnnøgler til det magiske sekskanttæppe.😉

Der var et par bundter sidst, som ikke helt blev som jeg planlagde, farverne rendte sammen og blev lidt mudrede inden de nåede at fiksere. Så jeg prøvede igen, malede grønt på først, en tur i mikroovnen, male “blomsterpletter” og så en tur i varmen igen. Det ene nøgle blev ok, det andet blev ca. ligesom det foregående.

Jeg fik også strikket mine sky-bundter, jeg synes det første blev ret godt!?

Jeg kan af en eller anden grund bedre lide garnet end det strikkede stof, så jeg ved ikke helt om alle stumperne bliver brugt i tæppet. På den anden side er der jo lang vej til 300, så meget kan ændre sig. Jeg forsøger at huske på at det er processen, at slappe af og lege og ikke planlægge eller designe noget.

Der er kattehår på mine billeder – vores tåbelige gamle staldkat lykkedes med at sove på sekskanterne, selvom jeg havde stablet udspændingsmåtten lodret på toppen af en bunke strikkekurve. Hun har en sær trang til at ligge på alt jeg har rørt ved, om det så er en A6 huskeblok.

Mit næste projekt skulle gerne være en meget hurtig sommertrøje på store pinde. Garnet har jeg haft liggende i 3 år, der er egentlig kun nok til en t-shirt, men nu ser jeg om ikke den kan blive langærmet. Den bliver gennemsigtig, men den skal kun lige danne lidt barriere når vinden bliver en smule køligere en sommeraften, jeg sidder let og får gåsehud selvom temperaturen egentlig er ok. Det er frit fra leveren som sædvanlig, så det med “hurtig” kan nemt ende med 20 omstrikninger….. Isager bomuld/hør, og jeg aner ikke hvordan det opfører sig før og efter vask og i brug osv.